How You Can Help
Please join us to raise awareness and money to fund research of diffuse intrinsic pontine gliomas that will lead to a cure for this deadly pediatric cancer. It can be done. Dr. Mark Kieran is using the money raised for Zach’s Fund for innovative research that has already led to medical breakthroughs. Simply put: the more money we raise for Zach’s fund, the more research done by Dr. Kieran and his team, and the closer we get to a cure for diffuse pontine gliomas. Here are ways you can help:
- Raise awareness by spreading the word to your friends and family; send this website (www.zachcarsonfund.org) to everyone on your mailing list.
- Give your friends and family the gift of a donation in their honor to Zach’s Fund to celebrate a birthday, anniversary, or other special occasion; ask friends and family to give you the same meaningful gift for your special day.
- Thank your guests at your wedding, shower, bar/bat mitzvah or other special party by making a donation to Zach’s Fund in their honor; Dana-Farber has beautiful cards that tell your guests of your generous donation.
- Ride in the Pan-Mass Challenge and designate Zach’s Fund for your earnings; if you have friends who are already riding in the PMC ask them to designate their earnings to the Zachary Carson Brain Tumor Fund, PD5173.
- Organize a community service event to benefit Zach’s Fund; get your children, friends, co-workers, school, temple or church involved through a fundraising event such as a mini walkathon, golf or tennis tournament, comedy night, dance, casino night, poker tournament, benefit drawing (similar to a raffle), bake sale, car wash, yard sale, candy sale, spaghetti dinner or balloon-a-gram.
We are moving towards our goal to find a cure for diffuse intrinsic pontine gliomas … please come with us!
Thank you for your interest and support –